- University of Idaho College of Law, Juris Doctorate, 2009
- Colgate University, Bachelor of Arts, 2004
- Henderson Taylor Law Firm 2013-present
- Scott Horenstein Law Firm Associate 2013-2017
- Idaho State Appellate Public Defender 2010-2013
- Idaho Fifth Judicial District Law Clerk 2009-2010
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit Externship Spring 2009
- Clark County Bar Association – Volunteer of the Year Pro Bono Award 2017
- University of Idaho College of Law Class of 2009 Outstanding Student Service Award
- University of Idaho College of Law Class of 2009 Pro Bono Award
- Idaho State Bar Pro Bono Award 2008
I grew up in Lewiston, Idaho, right on the Washington border along the Snake River. Much of my childhood was spent deep in the wilderness of Northern Idaho, hunting, fishing, skiing and hiking. After high school, I went to a small college in upstate New York, Colgate University, where I double majored in Economics and Chinese Language and Literature. I attended the University of Idaho College of Law, a half hour from where I grew up. While in law school, I was a member of the Idaho Law Review and “the crit,” a critical legal studies journal. I also served as president of the Public Interest Law Group. In 2008, the Idaho State Bar Association awarded me a Pro Bono award and I was the first ever law student to win the award.
In 2009, I finished law school and passed the Idaho state bar. I worked for a year in a small town in Idaho clerking for a Judge. In 2010 I began working at the Idaho State Appellate Public Defender. This included oral arguments before the Idaho Court of Appeals and capital murder cases. While at the SAPD, I also attended Gerry Spence’s Trial Lawyer College, learning from some of the best trial lawyers from around the country.
Since moving to Vancouver, Washington in 2013, I worked for the Scott Horenstein Law Firm, learning from the best family law attorney in the area. Also in 2013, I started working with Paul and Connie Henderson at the Henderson Law Firm, which is focused on Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice. In 2016 I became a Partner at the Henderson • Taylor Law Firm.
My current practice focuses on family law and personal injury. I’m an Eagle Member of the Washington State Association for Justice and a member of the Family Law section of the Clark County Bar Association. I also serve as a member of the board of directors and volunteer attorney and at the Clark County Volunteer Lawyers Program, which provides representation to low-income residents of Clark County. In 2017, I was named the Susan Arney Volunteer Attorney of the Year by the Clark County Bar Association.
In 2010, I married my beautiful wife, Francesca. We have two children and spend most of our free time skiing, attending Timbers games, riding bikes, and BBQing with friends.