I grew up in Lewiston, Idaho, right on the Washington border along the Snake River. Much of my childhood was spent deep in the wilderness of Northern Idaho, hunting, fishing, skiing and hiking. After high school, I went to a small college in upstate New York, Colgate University, where I double majored in Economics and Chinese Language and Literature. I attended the University of Idaho College of Law, a half hour from where I grew up. While in law school, I was a member of the Idaho Law Review and “the crit,” a critical legal studies journal. I also served as president of the Public Interest Law Group. In 2008, the Idaho State Bar Association awarded me a Pro Bono award and I was the first ever law student to win the award.
While in law school, I was an associate editor of the Idaho Law Review and The Critical Legal Studies Journal. In 2009, I finished law school and joined the Idaho State Bar Association. This included oral arguments before the Idaho Court of Appeals and handling death penalty appeals.
Since moving to Vancouver, Washington in 2013, I worked for the Scott Horenstein Law Firm, learning from the best family law attorney in the area. Also in 2013, I started working with Paul and Connie Henderson at the Henderson Law Firm, which is focused on Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice. In 2016 I became a Partner at the Henderson • Taylor Law Firm.
My current practice is about 75% personal injury and 25% family law. I am currently the President of the Board for the Clark County Volunteer Lawyers Program, which provides free legal representation to low-income residents of Clark County. I’m an Eagle Member of the Washington State Association for Justice and a member of the Family Law Section of the Clark County Bar Association. In 2017, the Clark County Bar Association presented me with the Volunteer Attorney of the Year Award.
My family lives in the Hough neighborhood in Vancouver. We spend most of our free time skiing, attending Timbers games, riding bikes, and BBQing with friends.
- University of Idaho College of Law, Juris Doctorate, 2009
- Colgate University, Bachelor of Arts, 2004
- Clark County Bar Association – Volunteer of the Year Pro Bono Award 2017
- University of Idaho College of Law Class of 2009 Outstanding Student Service Award
- University of Idaho College of Law Class of 2009 Pro Bono Award
- Idaho State Bar Pro Bono Award 2008
- Henderson Taylor Law Firm 2013-present
- Scott Horenstein Law Firm Associate 2013-2017
- Idaho State Appellate Public Defender 2010-2013
- Idaho Fifth Judicial District Law Clerk 2009-2010
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit Externship Spring 2009