I grew up in Lewiston, Idaho, right on the Washington border along the Snake River. Much of my childhood was spent deep in the wilderness of Northern Idaho, hunting, fishing, skiing, and hiking. After high school, I went to Colgate University, where I double-majored in Economics and Chinese Language and Literature. I attended the University of Idaho College of Law, a half-hour from where I grew up. While in law school, I was a member of the Idaho Law Review and “the crit,” a critical legal studies journal. I also served as president of the Public Interest Law Group. In 2008, the Idaho State Bar Association awarded me a Pro Bono award.
In 2009, I finished law school and joined the Idaho State Bar. I clerked for one year in the Twin Falls/Sun Valley area of Idaho. Then I started working for the Idaho State Appellate Public Defender. This included appellate briefing and arguments and handling death penalty appeals.
I have worked at the Henderson Law Firm since 2013, with a focus on Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice. In 2016 I became a Partner at the Henderson • Taylor Law Firm, and am currently licensed in Washington & Oregon.
My current practice is focused on personal injury. I have always focused on giving back to the community. I served as president and on the board of directors Clark County Volunteer Lawyers Program for six years. I generally provide pro bono representation to two clients per year through the CCVLP program. In 2017, the Clark County Bar Association presented me with the Volunteer Attorney of the Year Award.
My family lives in the Hough neighborhood in Vancouver. We spend most of our free time skiing, attending Timbers games, riding bikes, and BBQing with friends.
- University of Idaho College of Law, Juris Doctorate, 2009
- Colgate University, Bachelor of Arts, 2004
- Clark County Bar Association – Volunteer of the Year Pro Bono Award 2017
- University of Idaho College of Law Class of 2009 Outstanding Student Service Award
- University of Idaho College of Law Class of 2009 Pro Bono Award
- Idaho State Bar Pro Bono Award 2008
- Henderson Taylor Law Firm 2013-present
- Scott Horenstein Law Firm Associate 2013-2017
- Idaho State Appellate Public Defender 2010-2013
- Idaho Fifth Judicial District Law Clerk 2009-2010
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit Externship Spring 2009